Infection Preventionist Survival Guide for Observing a Surgical Procedure
Recorded On: 09/26/2019
IP Competency: Novice, Proficient, Expert
Duration: 60 minutes Available through: 12/31/2021
In this webinar, we will discuss the operating room environment, so the infection preventionist will understand the importance of their role in this unique area and have the confidence to observe a surgical procedure.
- Describe the importance of the infection preventionist (IP) role in observing surgical procedures.
- Understand the basics of surgical asepsis.
- Identify OR practices observed by the IP.
- Define strategies the IP can utilize when gaps in practices are known.
- Identify tools that can assist with surgical procedure observation.
Group Site License: Registration includes one internet connection and one telephone connection at one location and an unlimited number of participants from your organization in one listening room.
Jill Lindmair-Snell, MSN, RN, CIC, FAPIC
Multisite Director, Infection Prevention, Aurora Health Care
Jill Lindmair-Snell has over 25 years of health care experience with 12 in infection prevention and control. Currently, she is a multi-site director for Advocate Aurora Health in Southeastern Wisconsin. Previously, she was a sole practitioner at a short-stay surgical hospital and ambulatory surgery center where she developed a passion for SSI reduction by collaborating with the perioperative staff.
Jill has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from Carroll-Columbia College of Nursing, a Master of Science in Nursing from the University of Phoenix, Certified in Infection Control and Epidemiology and an APIC Fellow. She is an active APIC member and is currently serving on the Educational Committee and is president-elect of her local APIC chapter. She is published in the Journal of Arthroplasty and AJIC. She enjoys teaching and mentoring new infection preventionist.
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: 1.00 (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an on-line evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.
All Event Center users/viewers must access the meeting with an HTML 5 supported web browser. To confirm if you are ready to participate in a web meeting, please take the browser test:
Below are more specific user requirements for the EventCenter web technology.
Minimum System Requirements:
2.0Ghz Processor or faster
2 GB RAM (Greater than 2 GB recommended)
Minimum Browser Requirements:
Browser must support HTML-5. To detect your browser version, run https://whichbrowser.net/
Windows 7 or later
Mac OS X 10.9 or later
Chrome 60 or greater
Firefox 52 or greater
Edge 14 or greater
Safari 10 or greater
iOS 10 or greater
Internet Explorer 11
IP Addresses and Ports to Allow for HTML5:
184.108.40.206 port 80, 443 (web and audio)
220.127.116.11 port 80, 443 (web and audio)
18.104.22.168 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
22.214.171.124 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
126.96.36.199 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
Technical support: email@example.com
Are you watching this webinar with a group? Everyone watching the presentation can request a certificate.
Note: Each group member must register themselves for the survey via this link using your APIC username and password: Survey and Certificate Access.
At the end of the event, you will receive a verification code. All group members must have this verification code to access the survey and certificate.
Upon completion of the program:
- Log in to webinars.apic.org and select “Dashboard”.
- Select the webinar you just viewed followed by the Contents tab
- Input the verification code in the space provided and submit
- Complete the webinar survey
- Print Certificate
Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.